Sunday 23 September 2012

Perhentian Island

Hi everyone...Hope ya'll are doing well. It has been such a long time since i updated my blog. Truly has been busy years... starting to work and being committed to it. But here i am, back to blogging! I shall start up with describing my recent trip to the ocean. I went to Perhentian Island in this September, it is a truly magical island. I have been to Redang Island, Tioman Island,Penang Island, Langkawi Island, all of these islands have some special features about them and all are unforgettable.



However my trip to Perhentian Island has once again quenched my thirst for the marine animals and being close to the them and see many species i have not met underwater. In this trip too, I took up three PADI specialties and I am now a certified PADI Adventure Diver! The specialties i took are Peak performance Buoyancy, Underwater Navigator and AWARE fish identification. Although being a relatively new and young diver, my instructors are very happy and impressed with my ability underwater. Especially Fish ID specialty, where I was able to identify many species of fish.I am truly blessed to have chosen Perhentian Island for my Adventure diver course.

The dive sites i have been to are Batu Nisan, Batu Layar, The Lagoon and Temple of the sea.  The two most unforgettable dive sites are Temple of the sea and The Lagoon. Temple of the sea gets its name by its shape. It has a small pinnacle about half a meter above the ocean, but when you plunge into the water, it is actually build up of a mountain of corals in the shape of a temple! I dived into the bottom of the temple of the sea - it was 27m in depth! In this depth, the thermocline was 4 degrees, and it was an abrupt change in temperature,in the cold and mist of mere visibility of 5m, me and my instructor knelt on the ocean bed and there is a bamboo shark that came swimming in between us, which is a really rare scene, cause they are nocturnal and shy animals, likes to hide beneath the rocks! Swimming around the mountains of corals is a truly magical experience, i was surrounded by a big school of yellowtail snappers, literally surrounded....
The corals shine in its healthiest condition and its bright colours prevails.



Diving in The Lagoon is a really exciting experience, many times i would say to myself, oh my god, am i dreaming... the beauty of the corals and the abundance of marine lives are thrilling! I saw a black spotted pufferfish in its full size, a huge brown marbled grouper, blue spotted fantail rays, freckled goatfish and a cleaner shrimp !! A truly hearthrobbing experience.

Cruising in the ocean brings me calmness and serenity, i wish i can dive everyday...

If you love the ocean and marine animals and you are not a certified diver yet, what are you waiting for?
I promise you will only gain as a diver and discovers depths about the ocean, and, about yourself too.

Love the ocean.Protect the ocean.

Lastly, i would like to encourage people who are in difficult times in their lives,
hold to the truth in your heart and believe in yourself, You've come so close, don't throw it away.
Hold on together and beautiful days will come.

***pictures abstracted from the internet, sorry not a underwater photographer yet...the day shall come.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment